Now that Lindsay Lohan has declared herself clean and sober there is a gap, a vacuum if you will that needs to be filled. For the last 6 years Lindsay Lohan successfully supplied enough tabloid fodder to tarnish her name for years to come. But finally and in a miraculous turn of events, she has come clean, confessed her woes to Oprah (for $2 million) and has very competently hosted an episode of Chelsea lately. It seems like the public is behind her too. Let’s face it, we all like Lindsay Lohan. We all saw her incredible acting potential when she was young and it’s safe to say that most people were disappointed and frankly growing tired of her constant run-ins with the law. It was just one never ending story of bad mug shots (is there a good one?) coupled with late night parties (fuelled by coke and booze) and berating on behalf of disgruntled directors. As is quite clear, Lindsay’s bad behaviour generated a lot of buzz and filled up magazine stands along with the pockets of the paparazzi. In essence, she was a news worthy cash-cow, be it a socially poor one. Now the public is wondering and fearing who the next young star is going to be to take the mantle or baton from Lindsay and continue in the name of bad behaviour, too much money and too much drugs and alcohol. With this in mind we give you the next top five young stars with the potential to flush it all down the drain...
5) Justin Bieber: He’s got talent, he’s way too young and he’s pretty annoying. It’s quite likely that there is a large faction of people waiting for Bieber fever to run its course and for Justin to hit rock bottom. Thus far he’s only been known to puff a bit of marijuana but the diva in him has been coming out. From spitting on fans, threatening the paparazzi, driving recklessly and throwing late night parties that his neighbours have complained about, it is becoming clear that Bieber could be a ticking time bomb.
4) Britney Spears: She’s been there before and she could go back there again. The public loves Britney Spears and quite frankly doesn’t want to see her plummet again. But as her questionable taste in men continues coupled with her father running her finances, it’s safe to say that all is not well on planet Brit.
3) Macauly Culkin: Not quite a young star anymore but at one stage he was the highest paid young star in the world. But his parents squabbled over his money and fame made him sad. In the end, he shunned the limelight and has not released anything commercial since 2003’s critically panned Party Monster. These days the actor also looks quite dishevelled (drugs – cough!) and friends and family are justifiably concerned.
2) Amanda Bynes: What has transpired with this young actress as of late is truly sad. She found tremendous success with shows like ‘What I like About You’ and films like ‘Easy A’. Then all of a sudden stories emerged of her roaming aimlessly around her apartment block, talking to herself and smoking marijuana. This is barring a number of charges related to poor driving – for which she was charged. Right now she is under review in a psychiatric institution and all care and decision making has been handed over to her mother as Amanda has been deemed unfit to care for herself. Lets us hope she can redeem herself like a player winning the progressive jackpot at http://www.androidcasino.com.au.
1) Miley Cyrus: Right now, if there is anyone heading straight for the Lohan chair it’s got to be the daughter of Mr Achey-Breaky Heart. The biggest problem facing Miley is that very few people like her and thus should she hit rock bottom, odds are there will be cheers accompanied by balloons and streamers. Her recent performance at the 2013 MTV Music Awards disgusted the public on a number of levels. People have claimed that by choosing to perform with her, Robin Thicke has hurt his name and image. Miley’s tongue has also come under scrutiny with most people just wishing she’s put it the hell away. The new haircut and barrage of images with scantily clad clothing has done nothing to up her sex appeal. Let’s hope Miss Cyrus comes to her senses soon.